Tuesday, November 16, 2010








Our apartment



Ours is the one on the top



Living room



Our little garden





Buddhist Temple



Trent's new scooter



Trent made us a little garden a few weeks ago. We have bell peppers, hot peppers, lemon grass, basil, and jackfruit. I have no idea what jackfruit is but I guess I'll find out.

On Sunday we went to the Chinese Buddhist Church with one of Trent's friends from work. It is a lot different from the Ogden Buddhist Church but it was interesting and we met a lot of nice people. The temple was really pretty, I wish I could have taken pictures of where the actual service was but there were no pics aloud. The service lasted about two hours and then they cook food for everyone to eat. We even met a guy at lunch who used to live in St. George he moved to Guam several years ago to teach at UOG for two years and just never moved back to the states.

We also bought a used scooter over the weekend. We needed an extra vehicle so that when I get a job Trent will be able to get up to campus. We have been looking for a while, we finally found this one in the paper on Saturday and it was a great deal. We bought it from a guy who works at UOG and used it to get to and from work. His wife thought he was getting too old to drive it so he decided to sell it. He just got it tuned up and he took really good care of it so I think we scored a pretty good deal! And I'm pretty sure Trent loves this thing more than he loves me ;). Trent just needs to get his motorcycle license, get it insured and then I told him he has to get a helmet so not to worry parental units!!



2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a garden...yum. SWEET SCOOTER! I love that Trent got one. That is awesome! I bet the Chinese Buddhist Temple was a lot different. That's cool that you guys went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two comments from your mother:
    Don't hang around that guy from St. George who decided to stay in Guam and Trent, listen to your wife and get a helmet. Have fun. Be careful!!

    ReplyDelete