Thursday, December 9, 2010


My new job




View of Tumon Bay from the Hilton


Crazy little micronesian kiddies playing on the roof, and yes that is a real knife!



This one is for Craig, our mini Weber grill



Fish that Trent speared



Ritidian Beach




Proof that Trent does wear his helmet!



I haven't updated the blog in a while so I thought I'd do a quick post of what we have been up to. I just started a new job at Hilton working at the front desk. The hours and days that I work are all over the place, but it's a paycheck and I can't complain about that! I really like the people I work with which makes my job a lot easier. Almost everyone there speaks a second language and they love to tease me about how "white" I am. My co-workers can not believer that I am full Japanese and can't speak the language. I am SLOWLY learning a few phrases in Japanese, which is good since majority of the guests speak Japanese.

Trent took a day off of work last week so we could spend the day together, so we decided to go to Ritidian Beach. It is on the northern part of the island, some tourists go up there but for the most part the beach is pretty deserted. I think it's my favorite beach on this island, no people, white sand, and crystal blue water. We did some snorkeling and Trent speared 3 goat fish which we had for dinner that night. We did get rained on a few times but overall it was a great day.

Trent was out on the deck starting up the grill the other day and he told me to hurry and come outside. That is when we snapped the picture of the little boys on the roof. You can't tell in the pic but the little one has a knife in his hands too. Two little unsupervised boys running around on the roof with big knives in their hands, no big deal.

These last couple of weeks for Trent have been really busy as he gets ready for finals. He has 2 presentations down and one more final on Tuesday then we can celebrate!





No comments:

Post a Comment