Trent opened this coconut with his pocket knife. When we first got here he couldn't even open one with an axe, he is making progress!!
Fishing
Little red fruit+Lime=Sweetness
Before....
After...
Trent and I went fishing a few weeks ago and caught an Emperor Fish, actually I caught the fish. I was laying on the beach trying to work on my tan and Trent asked me to hold his fishing pole. I grabbed his pole, not letting it interrupt my tanning. All of a sudden his fishing pole jerks to the ground, I thought it was the wind that knocked it out of my hand. I looked around for Trent to see if he caught me not paying attention to his fishing pole and he was right next to me grabbing it out of my hand. This is the fish that Trent is always trying to catch but hasn't had any luck since I have been here. We took him home and threw him on the bbq and had him for dinner!!
Trent blogged last Summer about a fruit called "Miracle Fruit" that when you eat it right before you eat a lime it makes the lime taste sweet. He brought some home a couple of weeks ago and I got to try it. It's hard to believe but it really does work. I wish we could send some home and have everyone try it, it's so crazy! I think my nephews and niece would get a kick out of it!
The last few months we have noticed that our tile has been lifting in our apartment. We told our landlord about it and he said if we were up for it he would re-tile the whole apartment. It sounded like a good idea until they actually started doing it. They started last Saturday and just finished yesterday (Thursday). So thankful that it is done, what a nightmare!!
They have issued a Tsunami warning because of the earthquake in Japan. It is supposed to hit here in about 20 minutes. We have been watching the news and it sounds like we are far enough inland that we should be okay. The warning has also been issued to the states along the west coast, Alaska, Hawaii and all of the surrounding islands around us, everybody please be safe!!
Trent blogged last Summer about a fruit called "Miracle Fruit" that when you eat it right before you eat a lime it makes the lime taste sweet. He brought some home a couple of weeks ago and I got to try it. It's hard to believe but it really does work. I wish we could send some home and have everyone try it, it's so crazy! I think my nephews and niece would get a kick out of it!
The last few months we have noticed that our tile has been lifting in our apartment. We told our landlord about it and he said if we were up for it he would re-tile the whole apartment. It sounded like a good idea until they actually started doing it. They started last Saturday and just finished yesterday (Thursday). So thankful that it is done, what a nightmare!!
They have issued a Tsunami warning because of the earthquake in Japan. It is supposed to hit here in about 20 minutes. We have been watching the news and it sounds like we are far enough inland that we should be okay. The warning has also been issued to the states along the west coast, Alaska, Hawaii and all of the surrounding islands around us, everybody please be safe!!
So glad you guys are okay! I couldn't get a hold of you guys (you were probably sleeping, I hoped), but got a hold of Craig.
ReplyDeleteThe only way I could open a coconut was by throwing it from three stories on cement. Trash.
Love the tile...and the fish! Good fishing skills Jo!