Bye bye Hilton!
Trent's been grilling
Brown Tree Snake
The Green Concert
I got a new job! I work for Rainbow Paint & Safety First, I now have a set schedule and weekends off! The only downfall was that I could not give Hilton 2 weeks notice, I had to start right away. I only had 2 full days of training which makes me a little nervous but I am really excited to start this new job.
It is supposed to be "Dry season" out here but lately it has been so rainy. We did get one perfectly sunny day last weekend so we took advantage of it and headed to the beach. I was a little sick so I just laid on the beach and soaked up the sun and Trent fished all day long. He actually caught a lot of fish that day. Above is the unlucky guy that we kept and had for dinner. He was pretty tasty!
We were at the gas station a couple of days ago and saw our first Brown Tree Snake. The snake is hard to see, but it was the best picture we could get of it. It is the first living Brown Tree Snake that Trent and I have seen since coming here. Not nearly as scary as everyone makes this snake out to be.
Our garden is growing!! Trent showed me the other day that our plant had 5 green peppers coming on. We also have an eggplant that should start producing soon too. It's so nice to have our own produce growing since it can get so pricey out here and still so strange to think that we have a garden in January. We also got some tomato, cucumber, and basil seeds last week and they are already starting to sprout.
The Green, a reggae band from Hawaii came in concert to Guam on Saturday. We took our friend Pacciano to the concert as a late birthday present. The weather was absolutely horrible but the concert was awesome. They had the concert outside of the Santa Fe Hotel so it was really rainy, really muddy but it was a great night!
Yeah on the new job! Love the fish, very pretty...even tastier, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linz! That fish was pretty, it was kind of hard to eat it.
ReplyDelete