Thursday, July 28, 2011

Typhoon Season Is Here




We have been getting a lot of rain! A few weeks ago Typhoon Ma-on was to the North of us and hit Southern Japan. This week there is a tropical storm traveling Southwest of us. Last night we had a torrential downpour of rain, I woke up at 2am and looked out our window in the living room (we live on the 2nd floor) and found a big puddle of water by our front door. I woke up Trent so he could shut our typhoon shutters to keep the rain from coming in our house.








So this is what we have been doing to pass our time. Do you remember this stuff? Love it!!!



Trent and I were walking out the door this morning to head to work and this little guy scurried in our house. I think he was just waiting for me to open the door so he could get out of the rain ;). There are lots of weird scary bugs and critters out here in this tropical climate, we have been lucky enough not too have many invade our house. This little lizard is about as big as my fingernail. He is pretty cute so I just let him in my house and shut the door and was off to work. When we came home tonight we found him on the leg of our chair. We named him Gummy Bear, and he can stay as long as he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment