Thursday, June 3, 2010

Four More Days!

Four days left! I can't believe how fast the past few weeks have flown by. It seems like only a few days ago Joey and I decided to move to Guam. We have both been super busy with our crazy lives lately. We moved our of our apartment had have been officially homeless for the past week. We took a short trip to Iowa City, Iowa to see family and I gained a new appreciation for the mid-west. I have been unemployed for over a week now and Joey has been able to take a couple of weeks off of work so we can spend time together before I leave. Fortunately for us we have loving families with extra beds for us. It's been nice to be able to spend time with family before I leave. It will be strange going from 10 miles away from family to 10,000 miles away. I guess dropping by for dinner will be a bit harder now.

The past few weeks have also made me realize how much I love my family and friends. I feel like I have taken advantage of always having them around. Now that I'm leaving I want to spend as much time with them as possible. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have such a supportive group of people surrounding me. I want to thank everyone who helped us get ready for all these big changes. We couldn't have done it without you.

Monday, June 7th, I will be leaving my home of Salt Lake on my way to Guam. I will spend the night in Seattle and Tuesday morning I will go to Honolulu, which is not even half way, for a quick layover (and hopefully some Zippies chicken & chili) before landing in Guam Wednesday night. 28 hours of travel time. It makes me tired just thinking about all the time I will spend in an airplane seat. I will then start my new job Thursday morning bright and early. I am very excited to meet my new boss and co-workers and to make some new friends. I will be staying in the dorms on the University of Guam's campus for about a month so I hope to meet a lot of people there. I'm a little nervous about living in the dorms for two reasons. One being I have never had a roommate before and the second being there is no air conditioning in my room. Not a great thing when it is 90 degrees F with 85% humidity. Luckily I will have the chance to move to a room with A/C after a week of living there. It shouldn't be too bad...right?

Now I'm just enjoying my last few hours in Salt Lake and soaking in all the beauty of the mountains and nature I am so used to having at my finger tips. I'll be trading that for ocean and beaches. It's relaxing after a hectic few weeks to finally have things packed, stored, and taken care of. Now I can just sit back and live life while enjoying beautiful scenery and great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment