Yesterday, I went spear fishing with my friends Tony, Craig, and Gerald. It was my second time spear fishing but my first time to actually spear a fish. The first time I really didnt know what I was doing so of course, I came back empty handed. But yesterday, I had somewhat of an idea and the trip was a success! Before I came to Guam, spear fishing was near the top of the list of things I wanted to learn while I am here. Now I can say I have done it successfully and I hope there will be many more outtings. Last night Tony and I had a great dinner of fried snapper and rice. It was the perfect ending to a great day.
There was some hesitation before I let that spear fly. The snapper we got had big eyes and they would come out of the coral to see what was going on. They would look right at you with these big puppy dog eyes and they had no idea what was about to go down. Most of the ones I shot at escaped unharmed but there are a few who are missing some scales and two for sure who had a spear in them but they got away. I hate to waste a life so I hope those little guys made it. I know it sounds contradictory but the way I look at it, this was my dinner for the night and if I am going to eat animal flesh, I should be able to dispatch it my self.
Classes have started and It looks like its going to be a busy semester. The thing I am glad about is that I am interested in all the classes I am taking. I think it will be a lot easier to do well because I actually want to learn about these things.
Not much else is new here. Been fishing a lot and trying to study enough to stay on top of things. I miss you all very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment